Sunday, December 21, 2008

Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical

I've found a completely hysterical parody on Autism studies. This guy has a fantastic statement in response to the prevalence put on these studies. We focus so much on studies, yet they don't really benefit us in discovering who we truly are. Studies aren't going to necessarily help us get by more easily in life (except for in the consolation that we are not the only ones going through this). 

What helps the most is learning through experiences. This is why I have made this blog, and why I read similar ones: we must do what we can in order to help understand the world better. Hey, even Autism support groups (if you're not such a pansy like me and actually enroll in one) are beneficial as well. 

Once you learn from experiences, it sets you off in the right direction. I want to find more blogs on Autism (if you happen to be reading mine and you have one/know of any, please let me know!), because I've found that, in a world where I don't know of many on the spectrum/am not at that point in discussing Autism with them in person, it is a great way of learning how to manage better in the world. I encourage all of you to read more, even some of those studies which don't necessary apply to you, because who knows when they may help?


Happy reading!

3 comments:

Fleecy said...

I found that site myself some time ago and had a good time reading it. Lots of laughs there. I always enjoy a good work of satire, y'know?

I spend a lot of my free time looking for more blogs by autistic people to read. Do you know of the autism hub (http://www.autism-hub.co.uk/)? It's a pretty good place to look, and a few blogs I've found through it are ones I read pretty regularly now. Other times I'll just read a few posts and then leave until the next time I find that blog again. But it's a good source of reading material on this subject.

Anonymous said...

I can't open the links to
http://isnt.autistics.org
any more. Has anyone had success recently?

I did find cached webpages at www.archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/20081225134748/http://isnt.autistics.org/

pink said...

Weird! I didn't know it had been taken down. Thanks for sharing the link though!

Powered by WebRing.