Monday, June 27, 2011

Rex, the Musical Savant


This is a wonderful story of how an individual's strengths can more than make up for their shortcomings. Compassion and patience are the building blocks of success. Who's to say that Rex is impaired?

I believe Rex will discover a rich future full of beautiful, original music. He will be able to find his way through the world through texture and noise. When you can perceive so much, the areas in which you are lacking don't really matter. I wish Rex and his mother all the love and happiness in the world.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

Interesting....Rex "looks" out of the side of his eyes very much like my autistic grandson. As an Aspie, I know that eye contact is uncomfortable and we tend to avoid it.

I know blind people have eye coordination issues, but Rex's corner of the eye looks are so very much like my grandson's.....I can't help but wonder if there is some connection.

Powered by WebRing.