Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Answer me this

Why must we assume others live with the goal of wanting to hurt us for their own selfish gain?

Won't this belief only contribute to a life of misery and fear?

Is it unreasonable to still have faith in the good will of others?

Are those who possess blind hope a dying breed?

...

Apparently being a good person is a crime, espescially in a time when apocalyptic wars are probably not too far ahead of us. We're in an age of survival of the fittest, and "fit" is synonymous with being a hardass.

What happened to "do unto others as you would like to have done to you"?
I don't see it. Maybe I'm just lost in time.

All I know is I don't want to live life in fear.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

It would work fine if others lived up to the golden rule. We try to and learn that "no good deed shall go unpunished."

One of those things that don't make sense to an Aspie living in an NT world.

Powered by WebRing.